Wednesday 5 September 2012

Introduction


Hi, I’m Aisling Dooley and I’m in Transition Year in Ireland. For a Transition Year project, I will be blogging about the geography of Coca Cola. You may wonder what geography has to do with Coca Cola, but having been around since the 19th century, the soft drink and its company have had a large impact on countries around the world. I plan to include its history, production, factories in different countries and its effect on different cultures. Did you know that Coca Cola was originally formulated to be a medicine? Or that Bolivia is banning Coca Cola in its country by the end of 2012? Coca Cola has seen years of changes in politics, economics, society, science, medicine and has become a household name, although it has had its critics over the years, especially concerning health. I have I hope to blog an interesting, clear and well-rounded blog, which I hope you will read and enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. would you mind telling us exactly why boliva is banning the comsumption of coca cola?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have some patience, this is only the Introduction, as the title says... :)I'll explain further in my next posts. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. No need to be rude, I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I didn't consider it rude :( I thanked you for the comment?

      Delete